The Australian Weather Calendar is back for 2021, bringing you breathtaking weather photos in glossy full colour, along with the science behind the amazing displays.
Each picture captures a different experience—from a rare Kelvin–Helmholtz cloud flowing across pastel skies in Berwick, Victoria to a shimmering green aurora australis, perfectly reflected in Cassidys Bay, Tasmania. Together they celebrate the beauty and majesty of Australia's weather.
- Thirteen carefully selected photographs from all corners of Australia, each capturing an authentic and remarkable weather experience.
- Simple explanations of the weather in the photographs by our experts.
- One month to a page, with large daily squares to write your personal appointments and activities.
- Daily squares marking Australian public holidays, daylight saving dates, moon phases, solstices and equinoxes.
- Weeks that start on a Monday, making it easy to record weekend activities that stretch across Saturday and Sunday.
- Monthly average weather conditions for 12 major cities—including average maximum and minimum temperatures and average rainfall.
- A feature article about the science of hail.
- Stories about the weather, water, climate and ocean services the Bureau provides for all Australians.
The calendar is full-colour, spiral-bound, and designed to hang on the wall. It comes in two sizes: the traditional large format (594 x 420 mm), which features landscape photographs about A3 size; and a smaller format (220 x 310 mm closed, 440 x 310 mm open), with photographs about A4 size.